We call these peanut butter balls or peanut butter treats, but most people call them no-bake peanut butter cookies. Since I don’t flatten them, they don’t really look like cookies. We also don’t eat them like we do cookies, these no-bake cookies are packed full of nutrition so we use them for snacks and packing in lunches.
I also love that these cookies are very adaptable to a no dairy or vegan diet. They’re also naturally gluten free.
Ingredients for no bake peanut butter cookies
Just so you know, these no bake treats are not low calorie or low fat but they are nutrient dense. These are great for growing children and hungry teenagers.
- Peanut butter – we use a natural smooth peanut butter, you know the kind that has the oil floating on top, but really any peanut butter will do. I’ve not tried this recipe with other nut butters but I’m assuming they would work fine if you added a little oil to the mix.
- Powdered sugar
- Milk – We usually use regular milk but we’ve also made it with oat milk and haven’t tasted a difference. I’m sure other non-dairy milks will work just as well.
- Raisins – We usually use raisins in this recipe but we’ve also used dried cranberries and they are also tasty.
- Rolled oats – This recipe works best with rolled or “old fashioned” oats instead of instant oats.
- Ground flax seed – I like to add ground flax seed to lots of recipes. This is an optional ingredient but it increases nutrition. I’ve also added chia and hemp seeds and they have worked well.
How to make no bake peanut butter balls
To make peanut butter balls, mix the peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk together in a large bowl until well blended. Then mix in the raisins, oats, and ground flax seed.
Once it’s mixed well, use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop them onto a baking sheet. Let the peanut butter treats set up and then store in an air tight container.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. We always appreciate your feedback. You can also save the recipe for later by pinning it or clicking on the heart in the lower right hand corner.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (regular or non-dairy)
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant oats)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (optional)
- Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk.
- Add raisins, oats and ground flax seed.
- Drop by spoonfuls on baking sheet.
- When hardened (not super hard but no longer gooey) store in airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Sculpted Round Mixing Bowl with Plastic Lid, 4.5 Qt
Wildone Baking Sheet & Rack Set [2 Sheets + 2 Racks], Stainless Steel Cookie Pan with Cooling Rack, Size 16 x 12 x 1 Inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
Cookie Scoop Set Ice Cream Scoop Set 3 PCS Stainless Steel Melon Baking Cookie Scoop with Trigger Large-Medium-Small Size for Kitchen Family Ice Cream Cookie Cupcake Muffin Meatbal