I love mornings when we are not rushed to get anywhere and I can piddle around the house a bit. I probably piddle too much and waste a bunch of time, but it is relaxing. We haven’t had many morning like that lately, but I see a lot in our summer! Which is kind of starting this morning since we are done with co-op and drama.
So we’re celebrating with whole wheat pancakes…with chocolate chips.
- 5 1/2 cups freshly ground whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 5 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup oil
- chocolate chips
- Grind 3 cups soft white wheat to get your flour.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add milk, honey, oil and eggs to dry mix. Mix well. You can add a little more flour to make it thicker or a little more milk to make it thinner.
- Heat skillet and pour some batter on it.
- Put about 6-8 chocolate chips on pancake before turning.
- When bubbly, turn to cook the other side.
- This makes a lot of pancakes, we usually have enough for 2 breakfasts. I only put chocolate chips in the ones for that morning, not the leftovers.