Last week I received a really sweet comment from Connie at Family Home and Life. She let me know that she nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, Connie. Connie writes a great blog on home and family life - which is very versatile. I love this post...now if only I can convince someone to give me a china cabinet.
It's taken me a while to accept this award because I just haven't been sure there's seven random facts about me that you would be interested in. Also, (okay don't be mad at me for saying this) I follow very few blogs mainly family and real life friends. Because there's so many great ones out there and if they come through my email or reader then I feel obligated to read them. And let's be honest, reading a blog is much funner than doing laundry. It's a forced boundary kind of thing for me to not follow blogs. I just kind of stumble upon what I need at the moment or I actually type in a few web addresses when I think of them. So I had to search my memory (and my favorites list - since I'm not on pinterest - same boundary issues) for the fifteen to nominate. Let's just say that "that took a while."
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other Bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other Bloggers know they have been nominated.
Seven random facts:
- Although I don't mind squishing garden pests, I cannot stand roaches. I scream like a girl and run from the room.
- I'm an ice cream snob. If I buy ice cream it's Blue Bell or maybe Bryers. If Carl buys ice cream it's the 5 quart bucket. I try to be the one to buy ice cream
- The first time I ever went camping was on my honeymoon. What can I say, we were really poor.
- I've never had a pickle I didn't like. I think it's the vinegar, in fact I used to put apple cider vinegar on my tacos.
- I refused to take home ec in high school because I was NOT going to be a stay at home mom. God has a sense of humor doesn't he?
- When I got married I could only cook macaroni and cheese and spaghetti (see above)
- I didn't come to know Christ until I was 21. It's amazing how messy you can make your life in a few short years. Because of this I have a soft spot for kids who are making messes of their lives. (Thankfully, these aren't my kids - God is very merciful)
Here's the 15 bloggers I'm nominating:
You ladies are awesome and totally deserve this award.